About DK Counselling & Denise Kan
For over 15 years I have worked in the human services field. This includes 10+ years of inter-disciplinary clinical experience in inpatient, outpatient, and community mental health settings. My background includes diagnostic assessment, psychotherapy, and community education.
Counselling Style & Skills
I am a compassionate, friendly, positive, and open-minded counsellor. I work well cross culturally, having worked in Hong Kong, New York City, and Washington, DC in the USA as well as in BC, Canada.
Having trained, lived, and worked in diverse cultural and linguistic societies, I have first-hand experiential understanding of the issues of immigration, adaptation, and settlement, as well as life transition, and grief and loss.
I am passionate about transcultural issues and interventions and am tri-lingual in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
- Master of Science in Social Work (M.S.W.) specializing in mental health
Licenses & Professional Memberships
- Registered Social Worker (R.S.W.) in British Columbia
- Professional member of the BC College of Social Workers
- Professional member of the BC Association of Social Workers
- Licensed Master Social Worker (L.M.S.W.) in the USA
- Professional member of the University of the State of New York